Saturday, July 28, 2007

Exhibit Hall & Career Fair



Considering that this is the second NUL Conference I've attend, I know for a fact that one of the most exciting part of this experience is the exhibit halls. It not only showcase a collection of products from some of today's leading businesses, it also gives people a chance to collect some merchandise without breaking their bank. The thing that I like about this exhibit hall is that your not just walking around collecting free gifts. You also become involved in the vibe that the exhibit hall generates; live music, free food, interactive activities. It is these elements that allows the exhibit hall to take on a life of its own and gives everyone the opportunity to interact on a social level with those local and abroad.

This year's theme was "You, Your money, Your future," and the career fair created a strong platform for our theme. I think that the problem in the black community is not that we can't find jobs the real issue is that we can't find the right jobs that cater to our talents and potential. That's why I was pleased when I walked through the career fair and was able to see businesses and organizations such as Rolls Royce, U.S. Army, BP, etc. all represented to support the black community. I'm glad these events was a success.

--I.Hall

No comments: